Front pages: Bin Laden killed
I had the pleasure of doing the front page for the May 2, 2011, paper. While at work that night, I was happy with how I reworked my page, but after seeing other front pages on Newseum, I'm bummed that I couldn't have come up with something better.
Even before the news broke, May 1 had made for an interesting shift at work. We were switching to a smaller template (from 11.625-by-21 inches to 9.9-by-20.3 inches), and that was the first night we were doing deadline pages in that format.
My crack team of news-deskers that night included Danielle Capriato and Tricia Ambrose. I would not have been able to get the paper switched around if they didn't jump in immediately to help out with updating our website and sending our other pages to the pressroom.
More coverage from that night:
- Sources: Al-Qaida head bin Laden dead (with video)
- Americans celebrate bin Laden's death
- Obama: 'Good day for America'
- Share your reactions on bin Laden death
- New challenges after bin Laden killing
- World cheers bin Laden's death as victory
- Bin Laden death: Crowds gather in NYC, DC
- Bin Laden death: Pakistani officials describe attack (with map, video)
- Bin Laden death: Politicians, officials react to death
- Crowd at White House cheers bin Laden death
- Bin Laden death: Remarks by the president on Osama bin Laden
- Bin Laden death: Osama took a path of fanaticism and terror
-- Cheryl Sadler | CSadler@News-Herald.com | @nhcheryl